iOS 4.3 Software Update for iPod Touch
Be sure to update your iTunes Software on your PC/Mac to version 10.2.0 BEFORE updating your iPod Touch iOS Firmware.
See: iTunes Software Update Released 10.2.0
This update contains new features and improvements, including the following:
• iTunes Home Sharing
– Play music, films and TV shows from a shared iTunes library on a Mac or PC (requires iTunes 10.2).
• New AirPlay features*
– Play videos from the Photos app including the Camera Roll album, iTunes previews, enabled third-party apps and websites on Apple TV.
– Play slideshows from Photos on Apple TV using transitions available on Apple TV.
• HD video out using the Apple Digital AV Adapter**
– View 720p HD videos from Videos app, iPod app, Photos, YouTube, Safari, Keynote and enabled third-party apps on an HDMI display.
• Ping features
– Push notifications for comments and follow requests.
– Post and Like songs directly from the Now Playing screen.
– Parental controls.
• New Settings
– Messages setting for number of times to repeat an alert.
• Bug fixes
Products compatible with this software update:
• iPod touch (4th generation)
• iPod touch (3rd generation)
*Requires Apple TV (2nd generation) running software version 4.2 or later
**iPhone 4, iPad, iPod touch (4th generation)
For information on the security content of this update, visit: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1222